FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 8, 2016 CONTACT: J.P. Duffy or Alice Chao, (866) FRC-NEWS
Rep. Peter Roskam Wins FRC Action’s ‘True Blue’ Award for Unwavering Support of the Family
WASHINGTON, D.C. — FRC Action released its annual Vote Scorecard for Members of Congress and Senators showing which Members demonstrated an unwavering commitment and consistent support of faith, family and freedom during the first session of the 114th Congress. In all, 89 representatives and 37 senators scored a perfect 100 percent on this year’s scorecard.
Votes in the U.S. House included:
• Eliminating Taxpayer funding for Abortion
• Repealing Obamacare • Repealing the Death Tax
• Banning abortion on five month-old pain-capable unborn children
• Short Term Government Funding without Defunding Planned Parenthood
• Defunding Planned Parenthood and Repealing Key Elements of Obamacare • Votes to prevent the relaxation of marijuana laws
Votes in the U.S. Senate included:
• Anti-Common Core • Federal Imposition on State Marriage Laws
• Redefining Marriage in Veteran’s Affairs Programs
• Special Rights for Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
• Eliminating the Death Tax • Defunding Planned Parenthood
• Banning abortion on 5 month old pain-capable unborn children
• Short Term Government Funding which would have Defunded Planned Parenthood
• Defunding Planned Parenthood and Repealing Key Elements of Obamacare
Family Research Council Action President Tony Perkins made the following comments:
“We thank Representative Roskam for consistently voting to uphold the fundamentals of faith, family and freedom. Rep. Roskam voted to repeal key parts of Obamacare, protect the unborn, end the forced partnership between taxpayers and Planned Parenthood, and protect state marriage laws before the Supreme Court changed the natural definition of marriage.
“We can be encouraged by elected officials who are willing to be criticized by some in the media and the intolerant voices of secularism as they stand for family values. Congress as a whole is often criticized, and rightfully so, but there are individual Members, like Rep. Roskam, who deserve praise for their unwavering commitment to stand for life, family, marriage, and religious liberty.
“Family Research Council Action and the hundreds of thousands of families we represent are proud to recognize Representative Roskam for his faithful work. Our hope is that in the next Congress, he will be joined by many more like him,” Perkins concluded.